- Make a habit of reading regularly. Read as many English books, newspapers and magazines as you can get your hands on.
- Reading should be fun, so make sure the texts you choose are not too too difficult for you
- Try reading things more than once
- Concentration and attention to detail are essential to active reading and comprehension.
- You must locate the main idea of each paragraph
- Read the paragraph more than once
- Identify the topic - usually the idea that is repeated once or twice
- Find the main idea - the sentence that summarizes the details
- Look for the supporting details: key words, small groups of words - make sure the details refer to the same main point
- Now underline the main idea
- Write notes while reading.
In Fiction, it says what the story is almost about. In non- fiction, what the author wants me to know about the topic. The first and the last sentence in a test can give you a clue.
Here you have a website that can help you improving your reading. Come on, YOU'LL GET MORE LEVEL!